It’s no wonder why they start selling Halloween size packs of candy as early as August/September now. They are counting on people hoping to be organised and buy early. I am guilty as well. Buy a box of chocolate bars thinking we’ll get a head start on Halloween. Then of course it is replaced sometimes more than once. When it comes to Halloween just under half of the adults surveyed say they eat more candy than their kids.
– 73% of parents purchase extra Halloween candy so they can binge themselves.
– 40% of adults enjoy Halloween more now than when they were a child
– 75% of parents limit the amount of candy their children eat on Halloween
– 86% of parents have eaten their kids Halloween candy
– 41% of parents compensate for Halloween candy by serving a healthier dinner on Halloween or the night after
– 29% of parents hide Halloween candy so their kids don’t binge