Some areas including Barrie, Collingwood, Orillia and Orangeville are under a Flash Freeze Warning. Temperatures are dropping quickly this morning and rain will change to freezing rain in some areas and ponding on roads could suddenly freeze. Rain changes to snow and cold temps return this afternoon through next week. Check the Environment Canada Watches and Warnings Page here to check your area.
9:23 AM EST Friday 12 January 2018
Flash freeze warning in effect for:
- Barrie – Collingwood – Hillsdale
- Midland – Coldwater – Orr Lake
- Orillia – Lagoon City – Washago
- Innisfil – New Tecumseth – Angus
- Orangeville – Grand Valley – Southern Dufferin County
- Shelburne – Mansfield – Northern Dufferin County
- Apsley – Woodview – Northern Peterborough County
- Fenelon Falls – Balsam Lake Park – Northern Kawartha Lakes
- Bruce Peninsula – Sauble Beach – Tobermory
- Hanover – Dundalk – Southern Grey County
- Owen Sound – Blue Mountains – Northern Grey County
- Saugeen Shores – Kincardine – Southern Bruce County
Temperatures are forecast to fall rapidly. Ponding water, slush, and any falling precipitation will freeze as the temperature drops.
Icy conditions this morning.
Credits- Environment Canada site