The weather – in all its wonder – takes centre stage again in Canada Post’s latest stamp issue.Weather Wonders, Part 2 is a five-stamp issue that showcases some of Canada’s most awe-inspiring weather phenomena in photographs taken from across the country. Including:
- a thick layer of steam fog over an unidentified British Columbia lake
- a magnificent, if not menacing, waterspout over Lake Ontario near Toronto
- lenticular clouds – some call them UFO clouds because of their disc-like shape – was taken in Jasper National Park
- spectacular light pillars reflecting the city lights of North Bay
- a moon halo in Whistler, the result of airborne ice crystals refracting the moonlight on a chilly night.
The Weather Wonders 2 stamps, come in booklets of ten.
source: Canada Post