On August 7, 2018 at 10:00 a.m., Huronia West OPP responded to a report that a male was in possession of a firearm behind a Gas Station located on Bayfield St. in the village of Midhurst, Springwater Township.
Huronia West OPP received assistance from the Central Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), Canine Unit, Aviation Services and the Barrie Police Service. A few hours after the initial call police were advised by a member of the public of a suspicious person in the backyard of a residence on Sant Rd. As a result of the information a male was located and taken into custody after a short foot pursuit. Charged with the following Criminal Code offences is 36 year old male of Bradford-West Gwillimbury;
- Adult Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose X 3
- Adult Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm X 3
- Adult Obstruct Peace Officer X 2
- Adult Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Probation Order X 2
- Adult Theft Over $5000 X 2
- Adult Possession Obtained by Crime Over $5000- Canada X 2
- Adult Break, Enter dwelling house-commit indictable offence X 2
- Adult Break & Enter a place and steal a firearm
- Adult Theft Under $5000
- Adult Mischief Under $5000
He was held for a bail hearing in Barrie court.
Members of the Huronia West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police would like to thank the public for its assistance.