Grand Valley Arena Evacuated and 11 People Transported to Hospital

At 2:24 pm on Sunday afternoon a carbon monoxide leak occurred at the Grand Valley Arena and District Community Centre resulting in several people reporting symptoms consistent with carbon monoxide exposure.

Emergency response teams from the Grand Valley and District Fire Service, Orangeville Fire Service, Dufferin County Paramedics and the OPP were on site and investigated the situation.

There have been reports of 11 people being transported to hospital with minor symptoms as a result of this event. The Town of Grand Valley is advising anyone who was at the arena on Sunday and who may be experiencing symptoms such as headache; weakness; dizziness; nausea or vomiting; shortness of breath; confusion or blurred vision to seek treatment a the nearest emergency department.

Municipal staff are coordinating to ensure a centralized and efficient response to this incident and Mayor Steve Soloman has been notified and attended the scene.

A specialist will be conducting inspections of all fuel burning appliances in the building to determine the source of the suspected carbon monoxide leak. It is anticipated the Grand Valley and District Community Centre will remain closed until sometime Monday afternoon.

Photo Credit: grandvalleycommunitycentre.ca

Posted in All Stories Tagged with: ,

+ Follow Us

 

+ Upcoming Events

  1. Live on Location at Dolphin Pools & BBQ

    June 3 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
  2. 30th Annual Becel Heart&Stroke Ride

    June 4 @ 6:30 am - 12:00 pm
  3. Neil Diamond Live in Concert

    June 7 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
  4. Catch a Break the Musical live at the The Historic Gayety Theatre

    June 9 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
  5. Brian Master Live on Location at Don’s Heating and Cooling

    June 10 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm

+ On-Air & Shows

 
NOWPLAYING