Areas included are:
- Innisfil – New Tecumseth – Angus
- Orangeville – Grand Valley – Southern Dufferin County
- Shelburne – Mansfield – Northern Dufferin County
- Burlington – Oakville
- Halton Hills – Milton
- Mississauga – Brampton
- Newmarket – Georgina – Northern York Region
- Pickering – Oshawa – Southern Durham Region
- Uxbridge – Beaverton – Northern Durham Region
- Vaughan – Richmond Hill – Markham
- Barrie – Collingwood – Hillsdale
- Midland – Coldwater – Orr Lake
- Orillia – Lagoon City – Washago
Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts.
A cold front is expected to sweep through Southern Ontario this afternoon bringing showers and a few thunderstorms along with it. There is a potential that some of these thunderstorms may be severe with strong gusty winds being the main threat. Winds gusts of 90 km/h are possible in these severe thunderstorms.
Hail is also possible. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
Photo Credit: Environment Canada