The Town of Aurora invites residents and visitors to participate in its annual Canada Day celebrations on Friday, June 30 and Saturday, July 1.
Enjoy great music, food, a licensed beer garden and cake at Party in the Park on Friday, June 30 from
4 p.m. to 11 p.m. This event is presented by the Rotary Club of Aurora and the Aurora Museum & Archives.
Continue to celebrate the next day at the Canada Day Parade on Saturday, July 1 at 10 a.m. Starting this year, the parade has a new route. It will travel south on Yonge Street from Mosley Street to Murray Drive. Before the parade starts, kids can participate in sidewalk chalking at 9:30 a.m. outside of the Aurora Public Library.
After the parade, the birthday festivities continue at Lambert Willson Park from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Please see the list below of fun activities for the family:
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Free pancake breakfast (while supplies last).
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Free public swimming at the Aurora Family Leisure Complex.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Classic and Custom Car Show presented by the Aurora Car Club.
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Kidz Workshop presented by The Home Depot.
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Horseshoe Tournament presented by the Rotary Club of Aurora.
- 1 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. – Free public skating at the Aurora Family Leisure Complex.
- 11:30 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. – Live entertainment
- Dusk – Fireworks
Enjoy an interactive activity traveling to provinces and territories in Canada and fill out your passport for a prize. This event will also have mini golf, children’s inflatables and games. If you get hungry be sure to purchase a snack from the many food vendors on site.
Special thanks to the 2017 Canada Day sponsors – Bell Canada, Essence Dental, Investors Group, Royal Bank, Royal LePage, StateFarm and TD.
For more information on the Canada Day festivities, please call the Special Events line at 905-726-4762 or visit aurora.ca/canadaday.