York police have charged 3 men in connection to a break in in Markham.
On December 23, 2017, police responded to reports of suspicious people walking in the backyard of homes near Warden and highway 7.
Police called in air2 helicopter support and were able to quickly locate and arrest the 3.
The suspects have been charged and investigators have recovered a quantity of stolen property. Victims are asked to view the photos and contact investigators to claim their belongings at this link:
York Regional Police is reminding citizens of a few basic steps to take to protect your property.
- Lock all doors that lead to your residence as well as your vehicle doors
- Do not announce your travel plans or absence from home on social media or your phone’s voicemail
- If going away on vacation or an extended absence, ask a trusted neighbor to watch your house and make your home looked lived-in by using timer-controlled lights, having mail and/or paper delivery temporarily stopped or delivered elsewhere and arranging for neighbours to park in your driveway
- Consider installing a quality security system with motion sensors and/or video monitoring
- Secure all basement and ground-level windows and patio doors
Be aware of suspicious people or vehicles in your neighbourhood and call police immediately if you’re concerned. We will respond to these calls. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the York Regional Police Break-and-Enter Task Force at 1-866-876-5423, ext.7241, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-tips, or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text your tip to CRIMES (274637) starting with the word YORK.