I mentioned on the air that I wasn’t going to name names but some of these are true in my car and with the ‘other’ person who often drives with me.
While driving with your significant other or anyone else do you ever find yourself stepping on the invisible break pedal or reaching for the handle while cornering? It be that you or someone you drive with is a ‘Backseat Driver’
Here is a list of signs that you or someone you know is a backseat driver:
A new survey by the Accident Advice Helpline reveals that 70% of people say backseat drivers are annoying.
TOP 10 SIGNS OF A BACKSEAT DRIVER
1. Criticizing the driver’s decisions behind the wheel
2. Complaining about the driver going too fast
3. Gasping loudly at any slight braking movement
4. Flinching when they feel the driver is too close to another vehicle/obstacle/wall etc
5. Complaining about the driver going too slow
6. Pointing out when to turn off or onto a road at a junction
7. Pressing an imaginary brake pedal
8. Advising on which lane the driver should be in
9. Telling the driver when the traffic lights have changed to green
10. Insisting on giving directions